Have you ever wondered why there are no “typical” nail salon smells at a MiniLuxe studio? Or, what goes on inside our purple-tinted Clean Lab? What’s the difference between our tool sterilization process and those at other salons? What does clean really look like?
For more than a decade, we’ve been the Pioneers of Clean. For us, clean is more than a philosophy, it’s at the core of why we started MiniLuxe.
Here’s what you need to know about our continued commitment to setting the industry’s highest standards.
We’ve advocated clean from the start…
Our mission, to be the standard for clean and ethical nail care, goes back to our beginning, built on the backgrounds of our founders and medical advisors. The brand’s studio practices were designed long before COVID to support everyday health and safety.
… So we built the industry’s most advanced Clean Lab
MiniLuxe’s Clean Lab is where we perform our 3-step surgical grade sterilization of our tools. This means:
- A high-frequency ultrasound with an enzymatic cleanser (the same used by dental hygienists) removes deposits and buildup.
- A surgical grade autoclave, by MidMark, kills viruses with high temperature (275 degrees) and kills bacteria with high pressure (15+ PSI).
- A “gray dot” on each pack of tools lets you know its contents have been properly sterilized.
Not to mention, a trained hygienist is responsible for overseeing the sterilization process and to minimize cross-contamination.
Our cleanliness extends beyond the Clean Lab
The Clean Lab is just the start. At every studio expect to see:
- A double hand-sterilization protocol for clients and employees before each service
- Mandatory surgical gloves during any service
- Single-use files and buffers and all other non-metal tools
- Zero cross-contamination of products (That includes no double-dipping the wax applicators)
- Hourly cleaning and disinfection of our studio common areas, including polish displays and door handles.
- CDC-recommended disinfection standards and EPA-approved cleaning supplies
- Regular disinfecting deep cleaning of studio
- Daily cleaning of studio common areas
Everywhere from tip to toe
To prevent bacteria circulation in warm-water environments, MiniLuxe does not use whirlpool pedicure tubs. Following each service, Micro-Kill disinfectant is used to wipe down the stations. MadaCide spray is the final (and more intensive) disinfecting step.
Only clean, safe — and ethical — products (So: no acrylics!)
We use the safest and highest quality products including our own MiniLuxe non-toxic, ethical polish and nail care treatments. That means we don’t apply acrylics because of the carcinogenic and toxicity level of these products.
Our commitment to clean also means ensuring the best possible air quality in our surroundings. High-grade ventilation and filtration minimizes pollutants in our studios. Testing ensures the air quality exceeds the government standard.
We take all these processes seriously — and we’re always checking with public health and medical experts to keep enhancing our protocols. If you have questions or want to hear more about our clean story, please reach out!